5 Ways To Find Affordable, Quality accessories For Your Vehicle
The latest offerings from American automakers has the industry buzzing. Coupled with steep discounts, cars are rolling out of showrooms at a record clip. Not everyone is buying a new car these days, instead a significant number of car lovers are maintaining and keeping their cars for five or ten years, even longer. However, finding affordable, quality parts for any model car can be difficult particularly as the car ages. Let’s look at five ways you can find parts for your soon to be classic.
1. The Dealers. Some dealer inventories are extensive and include parts for classic models including the Dodge Charger, Coronet, and Omni; Ford Mustang, Thunderbird, and LTD; and Chevrolet Camaro, Caprice, and Vega. Their prices, however, can be steep as you are paying the dealer rate and receiving genuine manufacturer parts.
2. The Junk Yard. The cheapest parts out there can be pulled off a wreck that has been placed in a salvage yard. Of course finding the particular make/model part and hoping that it isn’t damaged or worn out is another thing.
3. Parts Stores. Your local parts store may stock what you need. If not, the better ones can place an order and have it shipped in.
4. Ebay. What isn’t sold online through eBay and other auction sites? Precious little! There is one important caveat with purchasing through an auction site: fraud is rampant. Only purchase through these types of businesses if you know the buyer and you can get a guarantee.
5. Shop Online. Brick and mortar stores are receiving stiff competition from online purveyors. Some are good, some aren’t. Things to look for in an online merchant: check to make sure that they are a recognized name in the industry, stock quality parts, offer toll free phone support, ship from a U.S. address, and their shipping and handling fees are clearly stated. Prices at these types of stores are usually very competitive; they are also the same stores that many of your local parts stores order from. If you order from them directly, you will cut out the middle man and realize significant savings.
So, if your 1996 Chevrolet Impala is your pride and joy you can keep it going for many more years by acquiring affordable, quality car parts from a reputable seller. Shop informed!
9 Steps to Choosing the cool car
7 Safety Tips When Riding a classic ATV
6 Things To Know Before Buying A Fast Used Car
8 Tips for Using Less Gas and Saving More Money on your car